Author Topic: Goo Goo Dolls/Matchbox 20 set list double bill?  (Read 2618 times)

madc55

Goo Goo Dolls/Matchbox 20 set list double bill?
« on: May 17, 2013, 07:42:31 AM »
I went to two of the shows when Counting Crows/Goo Goo Dolls toured together(and listed as a double bill).   I for the life of me couldn't remember the set lists and how many songs each band played.   So i went back and looked it up and GGD's played 16-17 songs wth Counting Crows avg 14 songs.  Counting Crows song can tend to be a bit longer so they got the equal amount of time.   So If I had to guess we would see somethign similair  for the MB20/GGD tour being it is a double bill booking.  They both have a ton of radio hits and most songs from both bands are in the 3-4 minute range.   I'm guessing about 16 songs from each?  Thoughts?

Below was a set-list why they were on tour with CC.

1.Stay with You Play Video
2.Slide Play Video
3.Feel the Silence Play Video
4.Black Balloon Play Video
5.Smash Play Video
6.Tucked Away Play Video
7.We'll Be Here (When You're Gone) Play Video
8.Iris Play Video
9.Listen Play Video
10.Name Play Video
11.Broadway Play Video
12.Better Days Play Video
13.January Friend Play Video
14.Give a Little Bit Play Video
(Supertramp cover)
15.Let Love In Play Video
Encore:
16.Become Play Video
17.Without You Here Play Video

Re: Goo Goo Dolls/Matchbox 20 set list double bill?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 09:53:02 PM »
Each band is supposed to play for 90 min, so maybe they can average 19-20 songs, allowing some extra time to extend some songs for a different live effect & for some between song banter/audience interaction.

nmf

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 07:14:00 AM »
On the GGD/CC tour, they each had 75 minute slots.  Don't be shocked when you get 75 minute slots on this tour.

Me & My Arrow

• Align in Time
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 07:48:10 AM »
On the GGD/CC tour, they each had 75 minute slots.  Don't be shocked when you get 75 minute slots on this tour.

Yeah, I said something to this effect in an earlier thread, but people seem certain they'll do 90 minutes each (not sure why).  Unfortunately, double-headlining usually means neither band gets a full headline set.

mike1990

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »
The double-bill headliner shows I've been to have worked this way. Opening artist will play about 30 minutes. The co headliner would play around an hour, and main headliner would play around 90 minutes. BUT then again, all of those tours were Def Leppard and they had to play 90 minutes. Depends on when it starts, I know most outdoor venues have sound ordinance curfews in effect at 11pm local time. So if the show starts at 7 as ticketmaster states, then opening act may play to 7:30. Give 25 minutes to get read for the next, they go on stage at around 8pm. Play 75 minutes, start tear down and preps for last band at 9:15, give them about 30 minutes, the last go on stage at 9:45 and play til 11. So I would say the Goos and MB20 will play about 75 minutes a piece. They could play closer to 90 if they had no opening act. They could both play 90 minutes with an opening act if there was no tear down time to prep the stage for the next band. So 75 minutes is my verdict.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 09:35:41 PM »
Someone asked a member of Matchbox Twenty, & he said 90 minutes each. Fingers crossed it does go down like that!

djgeneral

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 12:40:48 PM »
I'm expecting 75 minutes but would love 90 minutes.  Most of the Goos sets are really only slightly over 80 minutes anyways. I'd like to get at least 18 songs from each and I'll be happy. They will probably do like 13 singles and 5 new songs

djgeneral

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 12:47:23 PM »
I'm expecting no album cuts (if it is 75 minutes) and very few Robby songs. It will basically be a Greatest Hits tour with a few new songs thrown in. I think once the boys headline on their own maybe in the fall again they will do more new songs. Here is my guess for a typical set.

NAKED
SLIDE
HERE IS GONE
GIVE A LITTLE BIT
NAME
BIG MACHINE
REBEL BEAL
DIZZY
JANUARY FRIEND
BLACK BALLOON
STAY WITH YOU
COME TO ME