Author Topic: Goo Goo Dolls & Matchbox Twenty to tour!  (Read 3091 times)

Bulletproofangel

• Global Moderator
Goo Goo Dolls & Matchbox Twenty to tour!
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:07:59 PM »
Mike Malinin has confirmed a Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox Twenty tour, via Twitter! Stay tuned for more information!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:54:37 PM by Annie »
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
  --  Berthold Auerbach
& DBAD

youman555

Re: Goo Goo Dolls & Matchbox Twenty to tour!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:10:13 PM »
aaaah. I just saw matchbox twenty! my only worry is that I won't get to see a full goo goo dolls set with lesser known songs that they play.

madc55

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 08:02:17 AM »
Did he take it off?  I follow him on Twitter and I don't see it anywhere.

azgoogirl

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:12:04 AM »
It's still there. It was in a reply to a fan who asked about touring with MB20. All he wrote was "Confirmed".

Leo Dalton

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 08:50:25 AM »
Anyone know if they are likely to tour together in the UK aswell?

I really hope not, I seem to be one of the very few GGD's fans who don't like Matchbox Twenty at all. In fact, I'd be devastated if they were to tour with them in the UK.

Me & My Arrow

• Align in Time
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 09:01:02 AM »
I really hope not, I seem to be one of the very few GGD's fans who don't like Matchbox Twenty at all. In fact, I'd be devastated if they were to tour with them in the UK.

Isn't "devastated" a little bit over the top?  Worst case scenario, you go see the band you love and skip the one you don't like.  I've been to around 7-ish GGD shows and I don't think ever I've liked the band opening for them, but it hardly ruins the experience.

SuzieH

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 09:13:15 AM »
Isn't "devastated" a little bit over the top?  Worst case scenario, you go see the band you love and skip the one you don't like.  I've been to around 7-ish GGD shows and I don't think ever I've liked the band opening for them, but it hardly ruins the experience.
When I saw Goo with Counting Crows, they took turns opening, so you didn't always know who came on first. Ironically, I didn't even really that I liked Goo songs when I first saw them in Springfield, IL, but became a fan AFTER seeing them live the first time. The same thing could happen to people who think they don't like MB 20.  big.grin.

nmf

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 09:51:27 AM »
No.  When GGDs/CC 'coheadlined', CC went on last every night.  There were two exceptions: Buffalo and whichever show CC cancelled due to illness.  Up until recently, Brad's website even said they opened for CC.

azgoogirl

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 10:08:51 AM »
No.  When GGDs/CC 'coheadlined', CC went on last every night.  There were two exceptions: Buffalo and whichever show CC cancelled due to illness.  Up until recently, Brad's website even said they opened for CC.
Not in Phoenix. CC was first & GGD went second. The reason I remember is because I had seen them a couple of nights before in San Diego & GGD's went first that night. We left after their set because I wasn't interested in seeing CC.

crazyforjohnny

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »
I just wish something can be confirmed on the IM for upcoming tour dates..

They did say March and this is March hope they don't wait till the end of March
redhead1965 everywhere else !
~Karen~

dolls4ever

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 01:39:50 PM »
I just wish something can be confirmed on the IM for upcoming tour dates..

They did say March and this is March hope they don't wait till the end of March

::yeahthat::
♪♫•All you want is somethin' I can't be.•♫♪

GothicblueCJ

• Johnny's Devil Girl!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 02:04:26 PM »
When I saw Goo with Counting Crows, they took turns opening, so you didn't always know who came on first. Ironically, I didn't even really that I liked Goo songs when I first saw them in Springfield, IL, but became a fan AFTER seeing them live the first time. The same thing could happen to people who think they don't like MB 20.  big.grin.

Don't count on that from me! I was never into M20!  ..angry39..

So I'll just be doing what I did for the Goo/CC tour and just come for Goo and then leave. I did that when they came here to Tx and that wasn't hard since Goo came on first.

This combo tour was to be expected since there's a few Goo fans that also like M20! So they'll get more bang for their buck on this tour.

Leo Dalton

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 02:07:32 PM »

Not really no.

In my opinion, the Goo Goo Dolls are evidently a big enough band to be able to command their own tour.

I'd be gutted if I were to have to spend whatever the concert ticket price on a Goo Goo Dolls gig to only get to see an hour long set because they are sharing the stage with somebody else.

nmf

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 02:39:18 PM »
Not in Phoenix. CC was first & GGD went second. The reason I remember is because I had seen them a couple of nights before in San Diego & GGD's went first that night. We left after their set because I wasn't interested in seeing CC.

I don't have enough time to argue this as well as I'd like right now but I'm very confident that there was no switching back and forth (minus Buffalo and the sick date). 

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1929691
I went in Phoenix, yes CC is closing the show

GGD was actually much better, CC played a lot of slow/depressing songs, didn't even play very many of their hit songs

Robby interview
So you're playing before the counting Crows?[ Yeah, we're the second of three bands. There's going to be a side stage at about a little less than half the dates, as well. It'll be great, man

Robby interview
"When the counting crows situation came up ... they're one of those groups that they go out and people are expecting the crowds," Takac said. "To be part of that is kind of exciting for us. Essentially it is a co-headlining situation, time wise. We decided we weren't going to switch time slots around. That's a little too hairy. We use a lot of wacky effects. 

"We're probably going to take the second spot the entire tour, except for a few markets, Buffalo being one of them, of course. It's going to be a great tour, man. It's going to be outside the whole summer." 

And minus Buffalo every single review I've seen that mentions order said GGDs first, CC second.

aztex

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
At the Phoenix show when they toured with Counting Crows, Augustana went on first, then the GGDs and then Counting Crows.  I also saw them in Dallas and GGDs went first and then Counting Crows.  Hopefully, MB20 and the GGDs will switch it up some as far as which bands pay first (although I'd prefer GGDs play last every night!).