Goo Goo Dolls - Absolute Goo

Banner Header

Meant to be... spreading the goo love

Meant to be... spreading the goo love
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:43 AM »
During the presale I purchased a balcony seat for my October show at the Beacon Theater, but later I was able to get an orchestra seat, so I have 2 tickets, until today. I had the intention of giving this ticket away to someone who loves the band but couldn't afford to go to a show. I went food shopping near my house, where I always shop. The guy bagging my groceries asked me if I went to the long way home tour, bc I was wearing my shirt from show. I told him I never miss a tour. I told him I have tickets for Dizzy Up the Girl and he couldn't believe 20 years has passed.  He said he would love to see them. I told him to go out there and get tickets. I told him I am going to see U2 and I also never miss a tour. He was like wow.  So as I'm driving home, I realize he is the person to give the ticket to!!  I went home and got the ticket. I went to the store and gave it to him. He was thrilled. I told him I've  been trying to figure out who to give this ticket to and it's you. I wanted it to be someone who loves goo and will rock out!

Re: Meant to be... spreading the goo love
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Love this!!
"Breaking down the walls in my own mind"-So Alive

manda90

• Yeah all the things that you are....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 03:25 PM »
That’s so awesome of you!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 09:34 PM »
Thanks! 🎸

Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 10:59 AM »
This is so cool! How generous of you!

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 11:50 AM »
Good Karma is yours!  As they say, what goes around, comes around!  You've definitely got love coming your way.
Thanks for being a true Goo fan.

realold

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 12:01 PM »
Thanks! And I could use some good karma!
I'm just imagining him in my head telling his friends, and them saying for free??? Lol

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 12:08 PM »
This is so cool! How generous of you!

Thank you!😊

Months ago I gave away my extra goo goo dolls ticket to the Beacon Theater. You may remember me posting that the guy who bags my groceries noticed my long way home summer tour t shirt. He told me how much he loved the band. I said well go get tickets. I told him I never miss a tour. So I end up returning to the store and giving him a ticket in the loge; my seat is an orchestra seat.  Every time I shop I would see him and wonder if he was going. So today he walked right near me and I said, "Are you going?"  He was like oh yeah; I got my ticket for the train. He said he told his mom he is going to the city because he has a ticket (he's young). He said she asked him who are the goo goo dolls and he said now I'm really going to the city. lol  I told him I'm going to find him in his seat after my meet and greet. It was so fun to see how excited he is to go to the show. I'm glad I can help him make his dream a reality.  Countdown.......... 13 days!!!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 07:30 PM by googoodollsforever »