Absolute Goo

Banner Header

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Goo Goo Dolls News & Info / Re: Petition for a Dizzy Up The Girl tour - Summer 2018
« Last post by Annie on March 28, 2017, 05:35:22 PM »
I think this would be awesome :)
Goo Goo Dolls News & Info / Petition for a Dizzy Up The Girl tour - Summer 2018
« Last post by benaraiza on March 28, 2017, 04:19:52 PM »
I'll be honest... I haven't gone to a GGD show in the last 6-7 years because I'm sick of hearing the same setlist over and over and over.  I've been on this thread a long time and I know many of you feel the same as I do.

On July 16th, 2017 I'm going to Lake Tahoe to watch another one of my all-time fav bands play their breakthrough self-titled album Third Eye Blind in it's entirety.  This is for the diehard fans that know every word to every song from beginning to end.  It marks the 20th Anniversary since the release of the album from 1997.

Dizzy Up The Girl was released on September 22nd, 1998.  How FUCKING awesome would it be if we could get our boys to so something similar next year!!!  I would pay good money and drive my ass over a hundred miles if a show wasn't that close to where I live.  Can you imagine hearing that record being played live in it's entirety starting with Dizzy and ending with Hate This Place?!?  No hits from other records, no covers, no encore.  just kick our ass with those 13 kick-ass songs.

Let's get this shit done =)
Wow
As a long time fan, I can honestly say I that I don't hate the band.  Hate is only a waste of emotion.
Do I dislike the band?  Nope. Don't know any of them personally.
Do I like all the music they've put out? 
Nope. I never expected I would.
After more years on this site than I want to admit to (because that makes me OLD, not because I dislike the site or the band) I'm still amazed that some think you have to drink the KoolAid to be a fan.

Goo Goo Dolls News & Info / Re: All Time Top 4 Goo Songs
« Last post by jordhunter on March 28, 2017, 12:38:23 PM »
Cuz you're gone
Bulletproof
Hate this place
Laughing
There's no point in having an honest opinion when it is constantly taken out of context.

I honestly think the majority of the band’s long term fans hate them.  I really do.

Wow helluva first post. Don't know how you can be a "long term fan" of something and subsequently "hate" it. But whatever you say.
« Last post by Me & My Arrow on March 28, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »
I've got one person -- just need one more for the debate. C'monnnnn! lol

Just sent you a message!
Apparently I've gone from being someone who hardly ever posts to policing- what a career change! There's no point in having an honest opinion when it is constantly taken out of context.

I didn't mention you doing it multiple times, or making a "career" out of it - I only mentioned specifically what you just said in this thread, which was a silly way of trying to discourage conversation between fans that want to discuss both the good and the bad. I like hearing why people love Magnetic or Boxes, and I also like hearing why people (both musicians and non-musicians!) don't like certain albums. I find it enjoyable to analyze favorites and least-favorites in the context of the band's massive career, and clearly some others do to.
There's no point in having an honest opinion when it is constantly taken out of context.

I honestly think the majority of the band’s long term fans hate them.  I really do. 
Apparently I've gone from being someone who hardly ever posts to policing- what a career change! There's no point in having an honest opinion when it is constantly taken out of context.
« Last post by Ben on March 27, 2017, 03:06:23 PM »
1. Truth Is A Whisper
2. Big Machine
3. 1,000 Words (Cuz You're Gone)
4. What Do You Need From Me Tonight.

;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10