Absolute Goo

Banner Header

Not to sound totally lame but,

Annie

Not to sound totally lame but,
« on: November 22, 2016, 03:32:17 PM »
Has anyone that has been to the shows lately on this tour, noticed there seem to be a ton more guys than lately? It's cool, but weird lol. But I mean, 20 or 30 somethings, that know all the words?

manda90

• Yeah all the things that you are....
    • View Profile
Re: Not to sound totally lame but,
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 04:03:05 PM »
Has anyone that has been to the shows lately on this tour, noticed there seem to be a ton more guys than lately? It's cool, but weird lol. But I mean, 20 or 30 somethings, that know all the words?

I am a 20 something! John would say my mom was probably a fan (that's been his spiel at shows lately but nope, that's not true here!). I've been a fan since I was single digits in age. I noticed there have been more guys lately. Perhaps it's their wives or partners or girlfriends making them go. Either way it's cool!

Annie

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 04:34:51 PM »
Right, it's not the younger people that are surprising me, it's the male/female ratio. And I don't know about them being dragged; they sing right along! lol

manda90

• Yeah all the things that you are....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 04:38:18 PM »
Right, it's not the younger people that are surprising me, it's the male/female ratio. And I don't know about them being dragged; they sing right along! lol

hahaha...true I've seen some of them know all the words. Impressive.  ;D

Gen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 05:02:26 PM »
Not just you. I've noticed a LOT of guys and they sing along to every song...some in groups of JUST guys. So, they aren't being dragged there by chicks. LOL

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 12:58:53 AM »
During their summer tour, I went to one of their concerts with two guy friends of mine. It was their first time seeing the goos live. They rocked out so much. I literally had competition. LOL
"Keeping my faith for the bad times"

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 11:28:51 PM »
Annie, my son just turned 20, and grew up listening to the Goo Goo Dolls because of me.  He took guitar lessons when he was 12 or so for a couple of years and didn't pick up his guitar again until a few months ago. I was pleasantly suprised when I heard him playing some chords from Slide, Big Machine, Acoustic #3, Naked,  AND singing a lot of the lyrics.  He also purchased a nice electric guitar, and has gotten the songs down pretty well; I am impressed honestly. He said he wanted to go to a Goo show next time around - we will have to travel of course, but I found it cool that he wanted to go see them, with me.  Made this mama proud :D

Toni

Annie

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 06:31:23 PM »
I get so ticked at myself, I read these and think I reply, then I look back and I never have lol

Thanks everyone for the comments! And Toni, your son is 20? Man I feel old!!