★★★
5 (41.7%)
★★★★
2 (16.7%)
★★★★★
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: March 23, 2017, 07:16:17 PM

10 Reasons Why 'Magnetic' is Goo Goo Dolls' best album.

Ben

• She asks if I'm a lover.
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Reasons Why 'Magnetic' is Goo Goo Dolls' best album.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:58 PM »
Its Dutch!
I keep on looking but something's always missing.

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
Its Dutch!
Cool. You do quite well with English.  8)

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 07:14:39 PM »
I don't disagree with anything that is said in the article but none of those points are enough to take away the emotional attachment I have to dizzy up the girl. That is my favorite album. magnetic is a solid album and I enjoy it very much. It's just not my favorite. Great article though! I enjoyed it.

Thanks, I hope it was also easy to read, English isn't my native language. I strive to write more Goo related articles in the near future. If someone has a opinion or a idea you can always message me :)

It was a very good read! I never would have known that English isn't your native language. You write wonderfully.

Ben

• She asks if I'm a lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 10:07:27 AM »
Oh wow haha, I never saw that coming. Thank you very much. I'm working on a new '10 Reasons' but have not considered which album. I think it will be cool to do all albums, but it will be difficult. I mean, you can't really say Jed is their best album. Leaning towards SFTROU to be the next.
I keep on looking but something's always missing.

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2017, 08:03:49 PM »
Oh wow haha, I never saw that coming. Thank you very much. I'm working on a new '10 Reasons' but have not considered which album. I think it will be cool to do all albums, but it will be difficult. I mean, you can't really say Jed is their best album. Leaning towards SFTROU to be the next.

If you need help with 10 Reasons on Jed I've got you covered! Love that album haha

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 11:11:52 PM »
I really tried to like this album.   I gave it 3 stars because I am always happy when GGD puts out an album.  I would probably pay $20 to hear John sing his grocery list.  There are a few songs I like but overall,  not my favorite.

SFTROU moves my soul.  My favorite for sure.  Sad, heartfelt songs are good for you sometimes. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:22:39 PM by Vivion »

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 08:08:08 PM »
While I will probably make a lot of people ticked in writing this, I need to get this off my chest. I'd like to see all those who are bashing the last few records the guys have made do better- both lyrically and musically. Also, for all those complaining of repeated set lists, why go to multiple shows when the outcome is already known? Just sayin'.

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 01:30:45 PM »
I'd like to see all those who are bashing the last few records the guys have made do better- both lyrically and musically. Also, for all those complaining of repeated set lists, why go to multiple shows when the outcome is already known? Just sayin'.

Why don't you ask Johnny to come and do your job at a higher level than you do? That's such a ridiculous statement to make. I'm not a professional song-writer nor is anyone else on this board, I don't make $100,000s to write music and put on concerts.

Why go to multiple shows when the outcome is known? Because you want to be there to share the moment with friends and family, despite the fact it sucks that its the same routine every single night for them- there's little to no spontaneity.

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2017, 09:57:58 PM »
I think my point was misunderstood. I was implying that those who are complaining of the lyrics/music compose songs they think are better. It's just a reply to what others have posted- chill out.

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 09:39:55 AM »
I think my point was misunderstood. I was implying that those who are complaining of the lyrics/music compose songs they think are better. It's just a reply to what others have posted- chill out.

But that makes no sense - not everyone is good at everything, but that doesn't mean they can't have an informed personal opinion about what other people create. There's only one type of person in these discussions that ever needs to "chill out," and it's the person who's policing what other people can and can't think or say. Everyone should feel free to share their thoughts, especially knowing we're all big enough fans to participate on this forum dedicated to the band.

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 07:46:31 PM »
Apparently I've gone from being someone who hardly ever posts to policing- what a career change! There's no point in having an honest opinion when it is constantly taken out of context.

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 09:39:16 PM »
There's no point in having an honest opinion when it is constantly taken out of context.

I honestly think the majority of the band’s long term fans hate them.  I really do. 

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
Apparently I've gone from being someone who hardly ever posts to policing- what a career change! There's no point in having an honest opinion when it is constantly taken out of context.

I didn't mention you doing it multiple times, or making a "career" out of it - I only mentioned specifically what you just said in this thread, which was a silly way of trying to discourage conversation between fans that want to discuss both the good and the bad. I like hearing why people love Magnetic or Boxes, and I also like hearing why people (both musicians and non-musicians!) don't like certain albums. I find it enjoyable to analyze favorites and least-favorites in the context of the band's massive career, and clearly some others do to.

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 12:37:02 PM »
There's no point in having an honest opinion when it is constantly taken out of context.

I honestly think the majority of the band’s long term fans hate them.  I really do.

Wow helluva first post. Don't know how you can be a "long term fan" of something and subsequently "hate" it. But whatever you say.

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 12:43:54 PM »
Wow
As a long time fan, I can honestly say I that I don't hate the band.  Hate is only a waste of emotion.
Do I dislike the band?  Nope. Don't know any of them personally.
Do I like all the music they've put out? 
Nope. I never expected I would.
After more years on this site than I want to admit to (because that makes me OLD, not because I dislike the site or the band) I'm still amazed that some think you have to drink the KoolAid to be a fan.