NEW LIVE ALBUM: available 7/21

· 37 · 2541
Re: NEW LIVE ALBUM: available 7/21
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 12:29 PM »
I understand the band worked very hard to bring this music to us. I see how tirelessly they keep writing and traveling and performing, and I'm so grateful. There just seems to be a disconnect with part of the fan base. I'm not sure if they are aware of it, or they are just doing what they think is best.

Caruso65

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2018, 02:16 PM »
There has to be a 20th anniversary deluxe version of DUTG right?
It should come with a live cd like Boy

Jdt827

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 09:39 PM »
NEW LIVE ALBUM
We’re excited to announce our new live album, The Audience Is This Way. It includes 10 tracks recorded live during our recent tours. The album will be available on July 21 and will only be physically available as an exclusive limited edition black vinyl at indie-retail stores nationally as part of Record Store Day Crawl. There are only 3,000 copies made of this pressing.
The album will be available for digital download and streaming on August 24.
GGD TAITW Album Art
The Audience is This Way Tracklisting
Side One:
1.   Long Way Down / Tattered Edge
2.   Slide / Lucky One
3.   Home / Come to Me or Slow It Down
4.   The Pin / Keep it!
5.   January Friend / Free of Me
Side Two:
1.   Big Machine / Keep it
2.   So Alive / Keep it
3.   Better Days / Stay With You
4.   Iris / Use Me
5.   Broadway / Over and Over or Boxes

That’s what I would have rather scene more or less. Personally, I love their new music and would love to see more faith in it.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2018, 08:19 AM »

This is a poster on my wall. Look at all these other awesome songs. Truth, stay with you, let love in,  naked, on the lie, all eyes on me, flat top, all that you are (love this). I would have loved to seen some of these on the record.

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 08:57 AM »
   Without you Here please

Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 08:34 PM »
I agree with what you’re all saying in this thread but I think you should jusssst be a bit patient  ;). Listen to this week’s podcast for more info.

Annie
Twitter.com/AnnieFromAg

Caruso65

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 09:35 PM »
Annie,

Just listened to the podcast! You’re killing me what is the rest of the track list
and will it all be released on 8/24? I promise I won’t tell anyone ????

Jdt827

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 10:55 PM »
I agree with what you’re all saying in this thread but I think you should jusssst be a bit patient  ;). Listen to this week’s podcast for more info.

Annie
Twitter.com/AnnieFromAg

I just listened. I’ll shut up now. I love you guys ????

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 12:27 AM »

Annie
Twitter.com/AnnieFromAg
Thanks for your input Annie. I listened to the podcast and I heard the hint hint,  wink wink, nudge nudge message. I really struggled with saying my opinion, bc I love the band for 30 years and I always will. Looking forward to what comes, especially my concert! Btw, first time I listened to your podcast. I especially enjoyed hearing John's voice. You and Gen are funny. Thanks for all you do!

GGD2018

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 11:23 AM »
I just listened to the podcast. Im still bummed about the track list. John is a PROLIFIC TALENT. I dont need to hear slide, Iris, black balloon, or broadway ever again.  not because they arent epic songs, but because I have heard them a million times.  I notice " home " is on the live album. I already have 3 versions of that song. the album version, the acoustic, and a live version. IDK guys and girls. on a side note, why has john never performed "the flood" live???? it is one of the most beautiful songs ever.  yes, I do know there is a female vocalist on the track. But, he can still perform it at the concerts and it will melt hearts everywhere :)  Im more interested in all the other fabulous songs they never play or rarely play.  thats my 2 cents.  been a fan since 1995 btw. thanks!

Jdt827

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2018, 12:41 PM »
I just listened to the podcast. Im still bummed about the track list. John is a PROLIFIC TALENT. I dont need to hear slide, Iris, black balloon, or broadway ever again.  not because they arent epic songs, but because I have heard them a million times.  I notice " home " is on the live album. I already have 3 versions of that song. the album version, the acoustic, and a live version. IDK guys and girls. on a side note, why has john never performed "the flood" live???? it is one of the most beautiful songs ever.  yes, I do know there is a female vocalist on the track. But, he can still perform it at the concerts and it will melt hearts everywhere :)  Im more interested in all the other fabulous songs they never play or rarely play.  thats my 2 cents.  been a fan since 1995 btw. thanks!

I appreciate your input and I hope everyone gets things on their wishlist. That said, I’m surprised at the love for Flood... I think it’d the worst song he’s ever written and the only song I actively skip on any album. That chorus is soulless, bland, and painfully repetitive. Not hating your love for it / just surprised!

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2018, 09:40 PM »
The flood is different, but I like it too bc he's singing about love. And Sydney adds a nice sound to it alone and with John. Opened his heart.

cloudthirtytwo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 10:37 AM »
I listened to your podcast. I appreciate the additional info and can't wait to hear more, and also, you guys are a lot of fun! :)

Released "nationally" means only in the US, then, right? You guys mentioned that it's part of Record Store Day Crawl in LA, but will it be available in other parts of the US? I'm in Canada, but I care a lot about having a physical copy of the music I love, so I might have to ask a friend in the States to try to get one for me.

Also, I love the title (does anyone actually know why John has that taped to the stage in front of him? I'm really curious), and the cover art is GORGEOUS. I'm looking forward to hearing about this part two and am also hoping for some more rarely played songs to make an appearance... love these songs too but would be super excited to get some more songs that we don't yet have on a live recording!

Caruso65

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Please put Tattered Edge on part 2, great song, great opener

Gen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2018, 07:10 PM »
I listened to your podcast. I appreciate the additional info and can't wait to hear more, and also, you guys are a lot of fun! :)

Released "nationally" means only in the US, then, right? You guys mentioned that it's part of Record Store Day Crawl in LA, but will it be available in other parts of the US? I'm in Canada, but I care a lot about having a physical copy of the music I love, so I might have to ask a friend in the States to try to get one for me.

Also, I love the title (does anyone actually know why John has that taped to the stage in front of him? I'm really curious), and the cover art is GORGEOUS. I'm looking forward to hearing about this part two and am also hoping for some more rarely played songs to make an appearance... love these songs too but would be super excited to get some more songs that we don't yet have on a live recording!

Thanks, glad you like it! Yes, the vinyl will be available at record stores across the US, not just LA.