Blast from the past: Marvelous Sauce Demo from Superstar Carwash

· 3 · 263

AsIAm

• View Profile

How's THIS for a #FridayFlashback?

"44 minute uncut demo from Superstar Car Wash called the Marvelous Sauce Demo. Includes the version of "So Far Away" with different lyrics called "In Your Blood", "On the Lie" with a chorus where the instrumental bridge is on the retail CD, "So The Story Goes" an unreleased Robby Song, instrumental version of "We Are The Normal" before the lyrics were written by Paul Westerberg (you can hear John mumbling some sort of lyrics, and there is an accordion with the violin), full version of "Tell Me Something I Don't Know" with both John and Robby signing, and many other songs/variations...."

Jdt827

• View Profile
Re: Blast from the past: Marvelous Sauce Demo from Superstar Carwash
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:00 PM »
That was awesome. Just listed to all of it while I work haha. Very happy the got rid of the OG "Tell Me" song they did together. And also happy John did his own thing with So Far Away. I love Westerberg but that Dancin' in Your Blood lyric seems silly and I couldn't take it seriously. So Far Away turned out to be an incredible, intense song and one of their best album closers.

AsIAm

• View Profile
Re: Blast from the past: Marvelous Sauce Demo from Superstar Carwash
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 02:30 PM »
That was awesome. Just listed to all of it while I work haha. Very happy the got rid of the OG "Tell Me" song they did together. And also happy John did his own thing with So Far Away. I love Westerberg but that Dancin' in Your Blood lyric seems silly and I couldn't take it seriously. So Far Away turned out to be an incredible, intense song and one of their best album closers.

Nice recap. Thank you!!