Voting closed: June 06, 2016, 07:36 AM

Will So Alive hit top 10?

· 32 · 7284

Ben

• She asks if I'm a lover.
    • View Profile
Will So Alive hit top 10?
« on: May 23, 2016, 07:36 AM »
So I see its steady at #18 if I'm not mistaken?  Do you think it's going to be a hit?
Let's share our opinions.

Personally I don't see it going into to 15 which is a shame.  The video had to be released when the single came out. Now it's just too late.
I keep on looking but something's always missing.

Re: Will So Alive hit top 10?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 12:59 PM »
I totally agree ! They should have planned for the video to come out with the single ! This is not the first time they have dropped the ball like this ! Once they have a lil momentum they wait wayyyyy to long to put out the video and the " head of steam " dies off! Who ever plans these things for the goo`s really sucks and shouldn't have a job.. They also at times in the past have dropped singles right around x-mas when most ac stations play largely or all x-mas music and the goo`s once again miss their window ! I believe a lot of their recent problems gaining spins and climbing the charts has a lot to do with management and promotion no so much the song contents ! Those guys should be fired!
 ::)  ::)  ::)
Innocence looks good on you ..............

Ben

• She asks if I'm a lover.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 01:22 PM »
Songwise So Alive is a reall killertrack. I agree that there are some managment issues around this subject.. When the video comes out nobody except us cares, but if they drop the single WITH video the media has something to show instead of those Windows Movie Maker Lyric Video's...
I keep on looking but something's always missing.

Leo Dalton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 02:15 PM »
I've always thought it was weird that on the last couple of albums the video for the lead single has only been released a couple of weeks, if not more, after the release. The same happened with Rebel Beat.

I can't think of a single advantage to waiting to release it so long, its just bizarre.

GooWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:42 PM »
It will not move any higher.
Does anyone know if the GGD have a manager?  We keep hearing about Warner Bros, but is there an individual?  Never understood how they are managed.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 09:28 AM »
Personally [ and I hope I don't offend anyone , just my opinion]  I really wish the goo`s would stop this gimmick with hiring all these high "younger " producers and trying to change there signature sound with songs like , reverse , the lucky one and a few songs off magnetic  which came across to me like they were trying to sound like maroon 5 ! They should spend there money on a new promotion manager and a team to handle their " radio" business because the current team sucks , their always behind the 8 ball  [ or maybe even a new label !!]...They should go back to "alternative tuning " and john should do what he does best and what  attracted us all in the first place . Great song writing and unique guitar sound! .. If they wanna sound more modern that's great , but go the ed sheeran route , write great love songs but get it promoted properly ! And for god sakes "time" the music videos with the release of a " brand new single " dropping !  This has always been a problem with our boys !
Long time fan here since the mid 90`s and ive seen this pattern way to much over the years ..
#venting  :D

mchaps55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 10:09 AM »
Personally [ and I hope I don't offend anyone , just my opinion]  I really wish the goo`s would stop this gimmick with hiring all these high "younger " producers and trying to change there signature sound with songs like , reverse , the lucky one and a few songs off magnetic  which came across to me like they were trying to sound like maroon 5 ! They should spend there money on a new promotion manager and a team to handle their " radio" business because the current team sucks , their always behind the 8 ball  [ or maybe even a new label !!]...They should go back to "alternative tuning " and john should do what he does best and what  attracted us all in the first place . Great song writing and unique guitar sound! .. If they wanna sound more modern that's great , but go the ed sheeran route , write great love songs but get it promoted properly ! And for god sakes "time" the music videos with the release of a " brand new single " dropping !  This has always been a problem with our boys !
Long time fan here since the mid 90`s and ive seen this pattern way to much over the years ..
#venting  :D

Look I like their old stuff too but at the end of the day I think we are pointing to much at the Record company and managers.  From all of John's interviewers he is doing what he wants and is having fun with the direction they are going.  He is not worried about the pressure or expectations of what they used to be in the 80's, 90,'s or early 2000's.   

I personally think he is trying to learn and do as much as possible for a carreer after the Goo Goo Dolls.  I think he will be a producer and songwriter for years to come after the band and learning as much as possible is the way to do it.   When you are a producer and songwriter the more well-rounded + knowledge you have the better you are to produce and write for all types of music(country, pop, rock, indy ect)

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 11:09 AM »
Personally I think him working with " cash cash" a few years back doomed us all! lol
He liked that experience way to much ! I mean good for him because like anyone else I want him to be happy in life ,  but as far as what we are yearning for ......eh ... I dunno anymore ha!

Me & My Arrow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 12:16 PM »
It made it up to #16 this week, but I don't think it will get any higher given that the OneRepublic and Adele songs will probably jump it this week:

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/allaboutcountry/Charts.asp?format=A2R

The rollout of the entire campaign for this album has been mystifying, to say the least. Hope they have a strong plan for the second single.

Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 04:00 PM »
Does anyone know if the GGD have a manager?  We keep hearing about Warner Bros, but is there an individual?  Never understood how they are managed.
Yes, they have a manager and management team

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 04:37 PM »
I think we all knew they had a manager and a management team like any big band would the problem is who is running the show and do they know what their doing ..... I can guarantee you with a more successful and aggressive management team who is connected to radio and multi  media the last three albums would have done much better ..... The fact that "notbroken "  [ to my knowledge ] never made it on a successful movie sound track still boggles my mind and that it was never pushed properly on the radio or multi media should have been the first indication the band needs to switch gears when it comes to who is controlling the ship ! A few songs on magnetic could have gone much further , "especially come to me" ! On boxes their are a few songs that although we as hard core goo fans may not think are the cats meow could go really far in todays crappy radio market ...They need to be PUSHED  , that's by contacts and effort from the promotional management team . The goo`s did there job they created another cool record but the promo team seems to be dropping the ball yet again ...
Where is the video for so alive ???? CRICKETS CRICKETS CRICKETS.....
LOL sorry , but im so pissed this band means a lot to me!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:41 PM by Caught in the breakdown »

Acole

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 05:52 PM »
Why not just give them a call and tell them what you think?

SuzieH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 08:52 AM »
If you check the liner notes of the cd for BOXES as well as the last few previous ones, Pat Mangarella, of PMM Management is listed, and the band has mentioned in several interviews that he has been with them for "many years". At least 10 I think.

aopfer1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 10:55 AM »
For what it's worth I've been hearing So Alive more often on my local radio station and it's currently number 11 (previously 19) on their top 20 list, so it seems to be moving up. My friend, who has never been a fan of GGD, also texted me and said his favorite song on the radio right now is So Alive (Proud friend moment).

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 12:37 PM »
well if Pat Mangarella, is the manager for all these years I hope he doesn't have any kind of sports future because it seems all he knows how to do is "drop the ball"  :P  ..... This band is way better then luke warm radio play! And have been for many years ..