Globo.com:GGDs gives tips on what will happen at the World Stage at Rock in Rio

· 1 · 245

kpthecarrunning

• View Profile
 Goo Goo Dolls gives tips on what will happen at the World Stage presentation at 'Rock in Rio'

By Gshow - Sao Paulo 09/29/2019 12:24 AM

https://gshow.globo.com/programas/rock-in-rio/noticia/goo-goo-dolls-da-dicas-do-que-vai-rolar-na-apresentacao-do-palco-mundo-no-rock-in-rio.ghtml

Band talks about being in Brazil for the first time, tells what will be on the list of songs at the Rock City concert, reveals the origin of the name and reminds the madness of a fan in 'Altas Horas'

This is the first time they have stepped in Brazil! Goo Goo Dolls uttered a voice in their biggest hits on Saturday's Highland Stage, 9/28. The American band - who is in the country to open Bon Jovi shows in Sao Paulo, Recife and Curitiba, and to perform at Rock in Rio this Sunday, 9/29 - talked with Serginho Groisman about their debut in Brazil and also gave tips on the songs that will play in Rock City:
"It's 60 minutes, so it's going to be like Goo Goo Dolls superset, like a mix of tracks," revealed bassist Robby Takac.

"We're going to sing some new songs, because we released an album ['Miracle Pill'] last week, and all that everyone already knows," said lead singer John Rzeznik.

The singer said that the band always wanted to perform on Brazilian stages. He took the opportunity to thank Bon Jovi for calling them to open his shows in Sao Paulo, Curitiba and Recife: "I don't know why we never came. I'm really happy to be here now. It's a great gift to us from Bon Jovi for us to open shows for him. We're having a lot of fun here, everybody is beautiful and nice. Congratulations! "

Name origin

Goo Goo Dolls released their first album in 1987 and three years were successful in the United States. However, 11 years later, the band became known worldwide with the song "Iris", which was part of the soundtrack for the movie "City of Angels" starring Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan. And one of the most curious things is the origin of the group's name: "We had a show, but we didn't have a name, so we looked at a magazine and it was the first thing we saw. It's a silly name. It means nothing more," John said.

Fan madness

The curious stories were not just in the name. The singer recalled a story of a fan who came to his house: '' Someone broke where I lived and left a box with candles. I opened the box and there were weird and crazy things inside. I had to call the police. And that was the day my girlfriend moved in. The first day, I was like the police in the kitchen and she packed up and said, 'No, no, that won't happen,' but I convinced her to stay. "