7/9 AG Podcast is up with our 2nd round of Meet & Greet Winners!

· 4 · 815

Gen

• View Profile
On today’s Podcast we have Mike C., longtime Goo Goo Dolls fan, talking with Annie and Gen about what he loves about the band and why he’s stuck around as a fans for years, the winners of our second round of Goo Goo Dolls Meet and Greets, our EP winner, and a conversation about the band’s setlists — pro and con.   

And be kind — our production assistant is off for her birthday!  Happy Birthday Val!

http://absolutegoo.com/goo-goo-dolls-meet-greet-winners-mike-c/

ggdfan25

• View Profile
I think there's a middle ground to be found here.

We can all agree that they HAVE to play "Iris", "Slide", "Black Balloon", "Name" and "Here Is Gone".... If you went to go see GGD and you heard those five, you'd leave happy...

It wouldn't be like Dylan where you don't hear any of the hits.... It isn't possible for GGD to please everyone.... I wish that they'd try to please their long time fans who have seen them dozens of times and sprinkle in the hits that they feel like playing...

When they play the same set every night and provide the same banter every night, it's tough to want to go to multiple shows. If they mixed up their set and you didn't know which hits or older cuts you'd see and the show was varied from night to night, I'd probably go on 3-4 night stretches when work allowed...

I guess we'll all have to agree to disagree on this one, I just wish there was more spontaneity and they'd shuffle out some of the smaller hits.

Annie

• View Profile
I totally agree with you. I think, shuffle them up, change out maybe 3 each night, even if it's every other? But what do I know lol.

But how cool is it, that they all have so many songs we love, that we're pissed not to hear them? lol Says a lot. :)

madeinjersey

• View Profile
For Mike C.
I was also at the Electric Factory Concert... Great show!
the Opening Band was Athenaeum (which was a great band)