NEW LIVE ALBUM: available 7/21

· 37 · 2752

kpthecarrunning

• View Profile
NEW LIVE ALBUM: available 7/21
« on: May 24, 2018, 09:15 AM »
NEW LIVE ALBUM
We’re excited to announce our new live album, The Audience Is This Way. It includes 10 tracks recorded live during our recent tours. The album will be available on July 21 and will only be physically available as an exclusive limited edition black vinyl at indie-retail stores nationally as part of Record Store Day Crawl. There are only 3,000 copies made of this pressing.
The album will be available for digital download and streaming on August 24.
GGD TAITW Album Art
The Audience is This Way Tracklisting
Side One:
1.   Long Way Down
2.   Slide
3.   Home
4.   The Pin
5.   January Friend
Side Two:
1.   Big Machine
2.   So Alive
3.   Better Days
4.   Iris
5.   Broadway

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:42 AM by kpthecarrunning »

Caruso65

Re: NEW LIVE ALBUM: available 7/22
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 09:23 AM »
Why only 10 tracks? Very disappointing, I hope there
will still be a deluxe edition of DUTG 20th

Jdt827

• View Profile
Re: NEW LIVE ALBUM: available 7/22
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:39 AM »
I won’t pretend that this isn’t totally lackluster...

Re: NEW LIVE ALBUM: available 7/21
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 05:17 PM »
I love the band, the music, and the guys for many years. I never miss a tour. This live album is disappointing. There are only 10 songs, but that wouldn't be such an issue if the list had some older songs. We hear these same songs over and over. And most of them are on live in buffalo. Maybe there's Johnny banter included, which is great. Here's the thing: fans are often asking for songs such as hate this place, Ain't the only one, bulletproof, flood, cuz you're gone, on the lie, disconnected and more. It's time to replace a hit or two with older stuff. The only song I don't have live is long way down, which is the first song that I heard in the 90s and fell in love with the band. I won't be buying this bc I have them. I get the feeling the band is hesitant to leave out a hit at a show, bc they will get backlash. What if they replaced slide with on the lie?  U2 is touring and they left off streets the other night, but they played Gloria, which is from the 80s. Fine with me. The band has to keep all ages in mind and the audience has to be more accepting of changes. I love the cover and title. Can't wait for my show. I do appreciate the band doing stories behind the dizzy album songs. Johnny and Robby are great guys and I've been blasting boxes this week in my car, over and over LOL

RocqueMe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 08:59 PM »
I think there was a missed opportunity with this idea...I would have been all over a live album with a DVD. I love the idea of a live DVD with shots of the audience getting into the songs. One of my favorite things to do is look around at Goo show and see how the songs move people, and see them jamming, dancing, singing...you can see the connection people have with the music.

I get that the fun of this is that it is on vinyl, but I don't get the song choices. Oh well.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:15 PM »
I think there was a missed opportunity with this idea...I would have been all over a live album with a DVD. I love the idea of a live DVD with shots of the audience getting into the songs. One of my favorite things to do is look around at Goo show and see how the songs move people, and see them jamming, dancing, singing...you can see the connection people have with the music.

I get that the fun of this is that it is on vinyl, but I don't get the song choices. Oh well.
    I totally agree with you. A DVD would have been great!  And yes the song choices could have been a better variety.

Jdt827

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 11:21 PM »
My frustration with this is honestly so palpable. I feel s little guilty for feeling angry.. but I WANT awesome stuff like this. But not The greatest hits AGAIN and AGAIN. Someone please get them to listen to the people who buy their shit for the love of god!

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 09:20 AM »
My frustration with this is honestly so palpable. I feel s little guilty for feeling angry.. but I WANT awesome stuff like this. But not The greatest hits AGAIN and AGAIN. Someone please get them to listen to the people who buy their shit for the love of god!
Yessss!!!!!  I can't figure out if they feel the need to use these hits over and over, or they are being advised to play them. They need to to just pivot and do it with confidence and trust the fans will still love them and they may lose some, which is normal as a band progresses over the years. Somebody please show these comments to Johnny and Robby.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 09:44 AM »
There are tweets on ggd Twitter saying the same thing we are saying. One person is pretty pissed off about hearing the same fckn songs over and over, his words, but I agree. Some people are saying they won't be buying this album. Some people are happy and excited. They can't please everyone. So they need to just make a change, even if it's just a few songs. Just my opinion, for whatever it's worth. Still love goo and always will.

Gooboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 10:23 AM »
i am very happy and very excited about this new live album 

Jdt827

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 10:57 AM »
There are tweets on ggd Twitter saying the same thing we are saying. One person is pretty pissed off about hearing the same fckn songs over and over, his words, but I agree. Some people are saying they won't be buying this album. Some people are happy and excited. They can't please everyone. So they need to just make a change, even if it's just a few songs. Just my opinion, for whatever it's worth. Still love goo and always will.

That person is me!! And maybe I went overboard in the heat of my frustration.

Personally, I’d rather see a live album with from the newest two records and the EP.... OR a mix of newest and non singles. But not more of the hot mainstream phase. I love the 90s and mid 2000s hits but I’m TIRED of buying them again and again and frankly so many non singles, older, and newer songs are simply better songs. Just because they weren’t as radio friendly downstairs mean the fans don’t love them.

trollin158

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 11:02 AM »
Key words here i think are from recent tours.

They dont play those older songs for some reason.

Hoping they really do go deeper with the dizzy tour.
We shall see!
Scars are souvenirs we never lose...

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 11:09 AM »

That person is me!! And maybe I went overboard in the heat of my frustration.

Personally, I’d rather see a live album with from the newest two records and the EP.... OR a mix of newest and non singles. But not more of the hot mainstream phase. I love the 90s and mid 2000s hits but I’m TIRED of buying them again and again and frankly so many non singles, older, and newer songs are simply better songs. Just because they weren’t as radio friendly downstairs mean the fans don’t love them.
    Totally agree. Happy for those who like it. EP songs were on recent tours and hearing some, even just 2 of them would have been a better choice.

Caruso65

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 11:53 AM »
I really wanted Tattered Edge, Let Love In, Over and Over

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 12:25 PM »
I really wanted Tattered Edge, Let Love In, Over and Over
Yesss!  I love Tattered Edge. Feel the silence is awesome too.