Walk Away

· 88 · 20383

AlyssaJones37

• View Profile
Re: Walk Away
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2016, 10:56 PM »
This. This is what I want the next album to sound like.

nazar.huda

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2016, 03:05 AM »
Can any guitar junkie help my decipher how to play Walk Away on the guitar? I know it's an alternate tuning but it sounds like a song that can be played on standard. Maybe in the key of C?

Cubed

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2016, 04:20 AM »
Can any guitar junkie help my decipher how to play Walk Away on the guitar? I know it's an alternate tuning but it sounds like a song that can be played on standard. Maybe in the key of C?

It's the same tuning as Black Balloon. DADADD

sandchair

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2016, 07:46 PM »
Love this song!  Hope they make it available for download!!!

summerchic45

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2016, 08:53 AM »
Glad everyone is enjoying this song! I suspect that come Monday (well, let's see Monday is a holiday), I mean Tuesday morning when WBR catches wind of this it could be pulled by them, so enjoy while you can! Have a great weekend everyone!  :)

I hope they don't pull this song. I've already connected with it!!
~ Old enough to know and young enough to live again ~

Bsxae8

« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2016, 09:58 AM »
Wow. This is an amazing song.

I'm the last person to criticize John and Robby for their artistic choices when it comes to Boxes, but how on Earth was this gem not included in Boxes??

This would be a really strong single, but because it's not on Boxes it might never see the light of day. What a shame.

summerchic45

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2016, 10:18 AM »
This would be a really strong single, but because it's not on Boxes it might never see the light of day. What a shame.

I agree! This is a brilliant song that may miss the opportunity to be a hit for them... such a shame!
~ Old enough to know and young enough to live again ~

kevlcutler

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2016, 02:48 PM »

It's the same tuning as Black Balloon. DADADD

I have just figured out how to play this song. firstly I recommend you know how to play Come to Me as it is pretty much the same as far as finger position and the strumming pattern for this song is similar to Come to me.

Intro Riff

ring finger on 5th string 5th fret, middle finger on the 4th string 4th fret and the pinky finger hammering the 4th string 4th fret

chords as follows

B middle finger 4th string, 2nd fret
G ring finger 6th string, 5th fret, pinky finger 5th string 6th fret
D ring finger on 5th string 5th fret, middle finger on the 4th string 4th fret

More to follow. its pretty simple once you have the timing down. 

Acole

« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2016, 07:02 PM »
My hometown area radio station is going to play Walk Away shortly. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:04 PM by Acole »

IluvRobby!

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2016, 09:28 PM »
IluvRobby, thanks for taking the time to type out the lyrics.  I think the last line of the third verse is "Take the time to mend your wounded heart."

I LOVE this song!

I actually just came here to fix that. lol

I used a youtbe to MP3 tool that I found on Google to rip the song. Now I have it on Boxes where it belongs...and Flood has been deleted. I LOVE all of the other songs...truly LOVE every single one of them, including Prayer In My Pocket (it's no secret that I'm a Robby fan) but Walk Away should have been where Flood is...without a doubt.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:34 PM by IluvRobby! »
Every breath's a moment, every moment is a chance to live again.

Bsxae8

« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2016, 06:05 AM »
I think Flood is actually a pretty good song, and based on interviews John seems really proud of it, so I don't mind that it's on the album.

That said, Walk Away should have been on the album too. No question about that 

Jayvee

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2016, 08:54 AM »
IluvRobby, thanks for taking the time to type out the lyrics.  I think the last line of the third verse is "Take the time to mend your wounded heart."

I LOVE this song!

I actually just came here to fix that. lol

I used a youtbe to MP3 tool that I found on Google to rip the song. Now I have it on Boxes where it belongs...and Flood has been deleted. I LOVE all of the other songs...truly LOVE every single one of them, including Prayer In My Pocket (it's no secret that I'm a Robby fan) but Walk Away should have been where Flood is...without a doubt.

Walk away should have definitely made the album. But no way should it replace Flood. While a little more could've been done with Flood's chorus, it's a fantastic track. I just can't really handle Reverse, but even that I understand why it made the final cut. Sorry to say this to a Robby fan, but I'd have Walk Away over either of his songs. They pretty much get skipped as soon as they start for me. But, I guess thats the beauty of subjective things and how our opinions can differ so greatly  :)

Mirabella

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2016, 09:17 PM »
I'm a little late to this party but I'm so glad I decided to check the forums again because otherwise I never would have found this hidden gem. This song is amazing and I'm so disappointed they decided not to include it on the US version of the album. I actually teared up on first listen and hearing the lyrics.

I really hope it gets released as a single or something in the US because this is the Goo I was hoping for. I'm actually enjoying Boxes more than I thought I would but this song would have made it 10 times better in my book. I know it's probably a long shot but I really hope they play this one on tour this summer.