Phoenix 9/30/18 #Dizzy20 opener pics & vids *SPOILER ALERT! * New show material!

· 7 · 930

kpthecarrunning

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:00 PM by AsIAm »

wearethenormal

Re: Phoenix 9/30/18 - #Dizzy20 opener: Post you photos and videos here!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 01:36 AM »
I wish that Statue of Liberty was on a shirt. Do the other Dizzy shirts have a #20 on them? I saw the Gaslight Anthem this summer, it's been 10 years for their big hit "The '59 Sound" and a lot of their merch had the anniversary date on it.

ggdfan25

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 02:07 AM »
Tonight's show was absolutely fantastic. It's the first time I've been to a Goo Goo Dolls' show (this was my 31st) and felt that they balanced the setlist evenly for the fans who only love the hits and the hardcore fans (like myself) who have been DYING for them to get back to some of their older, rockers.

They played DUTG, then (and I'll do my best to get the order right but this won't be perfect and I may miss a couple...)

Better Days (acoustic) <--- you'll see what I mean by acoustic, very interesting idea they tried out here...
Can't Let it Go (acoustic)
2 Days in February (acoustic)

Fallin' Down
Lucky Star
Stop the World
Name
Think About Me
Another Second Time Around
Not Broken
There You Are
Big Machine
Flat Top

The band sounded great, John made a few flubs on the DUTG songs that they haven't played in awhile and I do wish he would stop apologizing to the crowd whenever they start playing old songs... "I'm sorry guys... We'll get to some of the hits you know soon".... I wish he'd just own it and fucking ROCK those songs... The crowd can feel the energy- if he plays them with conviction and wants them to love it, they'll love them too.. Don't apologize for writing some absolutely fucking perfect SCORCHERS back in the mid 90s.

There You Are was an AMAAAAAZING close to the set, and then the encore of Big Machine and Flat Top was fucking perfect.

They ruled, I hope you guys get just as fantastic of a set as we did :)

Jdt827

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Wow, We Are The Normal really wasn’t there?

AsIAm

• View Profile

Thanks for the input, ggdfan25. So glad you enjoyed your (31st) show!

manda90

I was there too and that was the best show I’ve ever been to. They sounded great and I really enjoyed both sets. So looking forward to seeing the show a few more times!

nazar.huda

This opening show of the tour seemed AMAZING. I think the band only gets better from here. Everything about this show ROCKED. Ugh, I can't wait.