6 (60%)
No
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 06, 2016, 07:36 AM

GooWest

Re: Will So Alive hit top 10?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Guess he is the manager for Greenday too.

Pat Magnarella, Manager of Green Day, talks Planning an Album Release

SueMoon

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 12:29 AM »
It will not move any higher.
If you check the liner notes of the cd for BOXES as well as the last few previous ones, Pat Mangarella, of PMM Management is listed, and the band has mentioned in several interviews that he has been with them for "many years". At least 10 I think.

A little off the topic but does the Boxes CD come with a lyric booklet like their other CD's?

OnlyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 12:38 AM »

It will not move any higher.
If you check the liner notes of the cd for BOXES as well as the last few previous ones, Pat Mangarella, of PMM Management is listed, and the band has mentioned in several interviews that he has been with them for "many years". At least 10 I think.

A little off the topic but does the Boxes CD come with a lyric booklet like their other CD's?

Yes it sure does!
"Keep your memories but don’t live the past..."

Caught in the breakdown

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 04:25 PM »
Im sticking to my case ......Its time for a change !

P.s Still no music video ! Songs been out for like a month , there goes the steam in the songs engine. Timing is everything and so is placement .. Unknown bands far less popular come out with tons of videos all the time "with" the release of there singles ..You would think the goo`s at there high status would have this timed perfect by now.  ???

Anyone know where the song placed this week on the ac charts , I might have missed it if it was posted here on the board ..

Ben

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 04:34 AM »
So Alive is now 18, so its dropping.

Jayvee

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 08:16 PM »
I actually just simply don't think it's a strong enough song to make a real impact. I like it enough, but it's not one of their strongest efforts. And I do agree that the delay in the video certainly doesn't help...

Guttershrub

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 11:52 PM »
Sometimes I think the best thing we could do for the Goo Goo Dolls as fans, besides support them, is quit caring about where they fall on the charts. 

I'm not saying ignore it, really, but questioning why, asking if they need new management and on and on . . .

Every single group out there hits a commercial peak.  Clearly the Goo's peak was Dizzy, but often when a group hits a commercial peak what follows can be some of their most enjoyable and creative music after so long as it doesn't feel like they're chasing hits.  Now, I'm actually really enjoying Boxes, but one of the things that annoyed me about Magnetic was how each song felt like an attempt at another hit single.  I do often miss the days of non radio friendly tracks.  Maybe if we are okay with less commercial success they'll feel okay writing tracks that aren't trying to make the top ten of anything?

miakis

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 07:38 AM »
Ha. Well said, Gutter.

Although I'm not sure the Goos' comfort level of writing should depend so much on what the fans are okay with? Sounds stifling to me.

Caught in the breakdown

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 04:43 PM »
The only real reason I want the goo`s to be successful and earn another top 10 is of a selfish and financial but honest reason ....... If they have another hit or a string of them it only prolongs the bands longevity ........  In other words I'm not the biggest fan of the song " so alive " , I know and believe in my heart the band is capable of writing so much deeper , epic and heart clenching songs , but as a musician I know the business and if this helps them to stay on the charts in todays crap market and keeps the backing from their record label enabling them to still have the freedom to create gems on their newer records i.e. not broken , bulletproof angel , boxes, the pin , over and over etc...... il take it !... We need them to stay relevant and keep working with a big label so they can have the freedom to write the gems that brought us all to this board in the first place ..
Just my piece on all this .....
What say you >?

Acole

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 09:37 PM »
You obviously have not made it too far into music.  Which probably makes you a really nice guy.

Guttershrub

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 01:29 AM »
The only real reason I want the goo`s to be successful and earn another top 10 is of a selfish and financial but honest reason ....... If they have another hit or a string of them it only prolongs the bands longevity ........  In other words I'm not the biggest fan of the song " so alive " , I know and believe in my heart the band is capable of writing so much deeper , epic and heart clenching songs , but as a musician I know the business and if this helps them to stay on the charts in todays crap market and keeps the backing from their record label enabling them to still have the freedom to create gems on their newer records i.e. not broken , bulletproof angel , boxes, the pin , over and over etc...... il take it !... We need them to stay relevant and keep working with a big label so they can have the freedom to write the gems that brought us all to this board in the first place ..
Just my piece on all this .....
What say you >?

I see where you're coming from, and I even used to worry about it myself, but I don't really think that's the case. 

The first reason is that the Goos aren't some Indie band trying to earn a following.  They clearly have one, and their tours continue to do well.  This ensures that financially they can keep music as their primary career focus.

The second reason is that in this day and age you can continue to put out good music without a huge expensive label backing it.  All anyone has to do is look around to see decently produced material that didn't cost a fortune to put it together.  Numerous artists in the twilight of their career take this path and it's been nothing but rewarding to the fans. 

GooWest

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2016, 11:40 PM »
Song moved up to #14 today (highest position)  but is finally starting to lose spins heading in the other direction.  Song has been out three months.  I think it had a good run.  They should release second single soon as the tour starts (my vote is for Over and Over - upbeat summer song would do well)

Jdt827

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Song moved up to #14 today (highest position)  but is finally starting to lose spins heading in the other direction.  Song has been out three months.  I think it had a good run.  They should release second single soon as the tour starts (my vote is for Over and Over - upbeat summer song would do well)

Where is it #14? I have the billboard app and it's not showing on th AC chart at all and its #15 on the Adult top 40. Where are you looking to find these charts?

BulletproofAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2016, 05:09 PM »

Where is it #14? I have the billboard app and it's not showing on th AC chart at all and its #15 on the Adult top 40. Where are you looking to find these charts?

The Hot AC Chart
"Breaking down the walls in my own mind"-So Alive

GooWest

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2016, 10:41 PM »
This is the link where I am able to view the chart.  You need to register as a member
http://www.allaccess.com/login?for=%2Fmediabase