Setlist Guesses?

· 17 · 4692

jordhunter

• View Profile
Re: Setlist Guesses?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 07:06 AM »
A couple of things I've noticed over the years...just my opinion

They seem to be a band that can not sing a song that hasn't been rehearsed. Not too much spontaneity That's why their setlists hardly change at all once a tour starts.  We see John have trouble remembering lyrics sometimes.  This adds to that issue.

Also, they have mentioned that their fans come to see them play their hits and they don't want to disappoint them.  But I'm wondering what percentage of the crowd has already seen them play and would welcome the new songs more.  What makes the band special is their ability to create new music and to be honest I  would rather go to a  concert to hear the entire new album live than hear some of the staples which I've heard 1000 times.

Yeah that's the sad truth. Honestly, the only staples should be Name, Iris, Slide, Black Balloon and maybe Here is Gone. The rest of the "hits" should be interchangeable. I've booked tickets to see the goo goo dolls in London and Norwich in October which will be my 11th and 12th shows and the only reason I'm going (other than a few Boxes cuts) is to introduce my girlfriend to them.

The hits aren't always the best songs. Only because someone decided Rebel Beat should be the first single and it hit top 20 (weakest lead single they've done by the way) doesn't mean it's better than Keep the car running or Hate this place; both, of which, are far stronger songs and would have been better singles

Goo goo dolls desperately need to change their live shows up, they have 5 must play songs not 14

djgeneral

• View Profile
Re: Setlist Guesses?
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 06:43 PM »
Bummer at songs getting cut