My Fox Zone - The Goo Goo Dolls Talk New Album

· 1 · 687

Gen

• View Profile
My Fox Zone - The Goo Goo Dolls Talk New Album
« on: July 18, 2016, 05:34 PM »
Veteran rockers The Goo Goo Dolls are back! The Buffalo, New York band shot to fame back in 1995 with their smash record A Boy Named Goo.

Adam Housley talks with the band as they promote their new album and give their thoughts on the ever-changing music industry.

The Goo Goo Dolls released their latest album, Boxes, back in May and are taking the songs on the road for a summer tour with Collective Soul and Tribe Society.

“We’ve been doing this for 30 years, so it’s like, it’s amazing that we can still go out and play in amphitheaters every summer and like, you know, see some familiar faces and some new faces, and it’s a big blessing,” singer and guitarist John Rzeznik said.

They say touring is a big focus these days since the album business isn’t what it used to be.

“It’s more of a singles-driven market and it’s very digital and viral and all those things, all those buzz words that they use now, you know. And we just try to avoid and it’s like, you know what, that’s why I love going out and playing live because it’s something that will never be duplicated inside a computer or on a 3D television screen or anything like that,” Rzeznik said.

“I think the album…like,the album rock, kind-of concept where, you know, people get your album and they, you know, for a song they loved and they would experience the rest of what you did through your album. Like, I think the live concert experience now kind-of gives people that thing when the album culture isn’t really there anymore,” bassist Robby Takac said.

As for the new music, they say it just clicked.

“We were gonna do something and have fun with it and then when we were listening to the final mixes, it was sort-of like I had this feeling that we already won and that, you know, the rest of it was out of our hands,” Rzeznik said.

So how have they managed to avoid the issues that break up a lot of bands?

“For us, it’s been different, man. You know, we spent 10 years trying to figure out how we were gonna…together, make enough money to pay our rent, you know, like, um, you know? And I think that mentality, you know, is still there,” Takac said. “Obviously, we don’t worry about that too much anymore, but still that, ‘Ahh, what are we gonna do?’ Like, it always kind-of feels that way.”

Click the link the check out the video interview.

http://www.myfoxzone.com/story/32471621/the-goo-goo-dolls-talk-new-album