Hey GOO fans Do you remember when

· 11 · 415

Kaye

• View Profile
Hey GOO fans Do you remember when
« on: July 11, 2019, 01:48 AM »
The threads had so many replies it was hard to keep up? On the old old old board, if you didn't read them quickly they may fall off the bottom.

That this would be the first place to check in the morning and the last place to check before bed?

waiting for a new update or blog from AG & be so excited when after checking 30 to 50 times.. one magically appeared?

when we were a family.. listening to each other, not just about the band but about our lives?

reading all the wonderful reviews of shows & trips that we would take? Before videos when descriptions of details were important!

playing on the game board until we just couldn't stop ever. Toni.. Karen.. hahaaa!

reading the political board, getting mad, finding understanding, getting learned about the hot topics of the day?

When it was us, GOOfans that donated items to the Compass House Auction. I would collect things all year just so I would have stuff to donate. We were so proud in those days when we had items that actually sold for a lot of money.. Even paying for all the shipping. I miss that.

All the fun contests.. I still have yet to receive my swag from guessing the Buffalo/LA buildings.. I'm still waiting.. hahaaa!

having fun & silly conversations that my stomach would hurt from laughing so hard?

This place was home.. a place to make friends.. to know you weren't the only one who felt this way about a band.. you were actually normal.

I won't even bring up the AG chatroom.. well , I will. Sunday night chats with AG.. midnight chats with all the regulars. every day chats with anyone and everyone.

All those years ago.. this was the place to be.. It's quiet here now. Social media has taken over and life changes. But I look back fondly on this place, the fact that it's still here, and that it still feels like home. I'm so glad I was around back then.. I'm so grateful for the lifelong friends I made here.. And I'm so so happy my favorite band is still rockin & creating new music!

Thanks to the powers that be that the old dusty halls of AG are still looking good! I would love to hear all of your memories.. perhaps we could get a thread going that had many many replies! Much love to this place & the people who keep it running!

Kaye~

Me Again

• View Profile
Re: Hey GOO fans Do you remember when
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Hi, Kaye!

I do remember!

Chat would have you, Toni, Tara, Mary and a bunch more in there. It definitely increased the speed I read and typed, trying to keep up with the conversation.

(I also remember having the shittiest internet service known to man, at that time 🙃 .... what I got for living in the sticks)

Getting dumped out of chat and not being able to get back in. 

Reading a zinger that Boris posted in a random thread and spitting my coffee everywhere.

Being able to read other people’s political views and having something to think about - whether I agreed or not.

AG’s wit, sarcasm, compassion  (and at times, wrath... can’t say I particularly enjoyed being on the receiving end of THAT).

Getting to live vicariously through others’ concert experiences they so kindly shared.

Because of this place, I ended up with a dear, true friend.  For that alone I will be eternally grateful to this place and to AG for starting it and keeping it going.

Hope all is well with you and yours, Kaye. And thank you for starting this - it made me smile.

Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Kaye, let us know if you're missing merch and I'll have it sent right out.
And you are right, because people don't do message boards anymore, they're not even included on sites, mostly since Facebook came on the scene. Your post made me feel like the site is just crap now, which I don't believe it is. Things have just changed.

Kaye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Hi, Kaye!

I do remember!

Chat would have you, Toni, Tara, Mary and a bunch more in there. It definitely increased the speed I read and typed, trying to keep up with the conversation.

(I also remember having the shittiest internet service known to man, at that time 🙃 .... what I got for living in the sticks)

Getting dumped out of chat and not being able to get back in. 

Reading a zinger that Boris posted in a random thread and spitting my coffee everywhere.

Being able to read other people’s political views and having something to think about - whether I agreed or not.

AG’s wit, sarcasm, compassion  (and at times, wrath... can’t say I particularly enjoyed being on the receiving end of THAT).

Getting to live vicariously through others’ concert experiences they so kindly shared.

Because of this place, I ended up with a dear, true friend.  For that alone I will be eternally grateful to this place and to AG for starting it and keeping it going.

Hope all is well with you and yours, Kaye. And thank you for starting this - it made me smile.

Smile.. remembrance. How special this place was for us and always will be. It's so nice to read your post. I laughed through it. So great to hear from you and know you are well. I'm glad you understood my post! hugs to you!!

Kaye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 08:54 PM »
Kaye, let us know if you're missing merch and I'll have it sent right out.
And you are right, because people don't do message boards anymore, they're not even included on sites, mostly since Facebook came on the scene. Your post made me feel like the site is just crap now, which I don't believe it is. Things have just changed.

Hey Annie! I don't want any swag. The whole post was made with love and laughter and no hostility toward the way it is now. It's what it is. I came over here last night to look at the tour schedule and came to the forum. My mind wandered back to when the threads were filled with responses and I just wanted to see if others felt like I did. How I love this board and how much it means to me. I in no way, was degrading what it is now.. Social media changed everything.. I think I even posted that in my thread. I would hope my love for this board and its members shined through in my original post. How grateful I am that I had a place to come to share my love of a band. It became so much more. I'm sorry if if I offended the hard work that still goes into the board. I meant no disrespect. Only love for what it was and what it is today!

Kaye~

Me Again

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 09:28 PM »

Smile.. remembrance. How special this place was for us and always will be. It's so nice to read your post. I laughed through it. So great to hear from you and know you are well. I'm glad you understood my post! hugs to you!!

Hugs back to you!!!!

Hell, my kid was about two years old when I first found this place. He’s about to start his second year of college next month. (Shit, now I feel ancient!). And his first concert was the Let Love In tour.
(He and I just saw Peter Frampton last Wednesday and then Jimmy Eat World and Third Eye Blind last Friday).

I lurked for a very, very long time. I’m sure there are some who wished I’d kept it that way. 🤪 (My filter has never worked terribly well). 

This was a place I could interact with other humans after my kid was asleep. His dad worked nights... there’s only so much you can say to the dog and though I do talk to myself, I got tired of holding up the entire conversation solo.

I’m so glad all is well with you. So happy you got a giggle. We can all use more laughter.

-Deanna

Kaye

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 09:52 PM »

Hugs back to you!!!!

Hell, my kid was about two years old when I first found this place. He’s about to start his second year of college next month. (Shit, now I feel ancient!). And his first concert was the Let Love In tour.
(He and I just saw Peter Frampton last Wednesday and then Jimmy Eat World and Third Eye Blind last Friday).

I lurked for a very, very long time. I’m sure there are some who wished I’d kept it that way. 🤪 (My filter has never worked terribly well). 

This was a place I could interact with other humans after my kid was asleep. His dad worked nights... there’s only so much you can say to the dog and though I do talk to myself, I got tired of holding up the entire conversation solo.

I’m so glad all is well with you. So happy you got a giggle. We can all use more laughter.

-Deanna
College? That can't be possible? He sounds wonderful and I love how you share live music together. I'm glad you shared your memories.. It was a special time and I'm so happy I was a part of it. Still in NY? We all went over the top sometimes. That's what made it so fun every night. All those typos.. I would be laughing so hard, I would cry. I'm so glad you responded. And glad to know you're still out there.. in GOOLand!

Me Again

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 10:05 PM »

Hugs back to you!!!!

-Deanna
College? That can't be possible? He sounds wonderful and I love how you share live music together. I'm glad you shared your memories.. It was a special time and I'm so happy I was a part of it. Still in NY? We all went over the top sometimes. That's what made it so fun every night. All those typos.. I would be laughing so hard, I would cry. I'm so glad you responded. And glad to know you're still out there.. in GOOLand!

Yup. Still in NY. Still in the sticks. I’ll be here at least four more years.  My kid has asked that I stay at least until he’s done with school. He’s at RIT and the program is a five year for a Chem E degree.

Still living in the Plains?? (Did I remember correctly?)

It was fun. I’d laugh til my stomach hurt (maybe I need to do that again... to tone up my abs!!!)

Thank you, again.  You brought back a ton of wonderful memories for me.

-Deanna

Kaye

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 01:13 AM »

Hugs back to you!!!!

-Deanna

Yup. Still in NY. Still in the sticks. I’ll be here at least four more years.  My kid has asked that I stay at least until he’s done with school. He’s at RIT and the program is a five year for a Chem E degree.

Still living in the Plains?? (Did I remember correctly?)

It was fun. I’d laugh til my stomach hurt (maybe I need to do that again... to tone up my abs!!!)

Thank you, again.  You brought back a ton of wonderful memories for me.

-Deanna

Im still on the plains of Nebraska! Still having to travel to see GOO shows & loving it. It was an incredible time.. all the laughs & drama!! HA!! I'm so glad you posted. It's so nice to catch up!! You must be so proud of your son!!.

b4ugo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 09:26 AM »
Kaye,
Sunday night chats and trivia were so much fun!
Monika luckystars

Kaye

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Kaye,
Sunday night chats and trivia were so much fun!
Monika luckystars

Hey monika! yes. they were! We had so much fun during the trivia tournaments.. lol!